Sunday, July 8, 2012

Inspiration










Pictured above are cape gooseberries. I found them at the market but didn't know what to do with them. I think I'll give this recipe a try. It looks amazing.

Kinfolk videos always manage to inspire me. This is their latest.

I want this kitchen. Antoni Gaudí was a genius.

Speaking of Barcelona, I watched again this movie (of course).

This video clip and the music by Icelandic band Sigur Rós. Also, I never thought I'd like Shia LaBeouf in anything. Well, miracles do happen.

This is how they do it at NOMA.

Beautiful cherries, beautiful blog.

This and this painting.

I spy Mikhael Paskalev. Whoever remembers Risky Business raise your hand.

Current food photography styles and trends. Amazing case study.

A creative dad takes photos.

Currently watching season two of The Killing.

I'll leave you with this song.


See you soon with a recipe.

Have a nice Sunday!


Previously: Inspiration November 2011 and March 2012.


6 comments:

  1. Your Cape Gooseberries look much like the Ground Cherries we found one October in a farmers market at the edge of the lower city of Quebec. We made them into jam. But the name "cape" suggests South Africa. Curious, I had to look them up. Physalis peruviana, it turns out, are native to the highlands of Peru, Ecuador and Columbia, though they are now popular in gardens in many parts of the world... including in South Africa.

    We now live in the scorching Sonoran Desert, where we see a close cousin, Physalis philadelphica, the tomatillo native to Mezoamerica. It too has a papery husk and small, shiny, bright green fruit. Very tart, it is often combined with searing hot chile peppers for sauces in Mexican-influenced cookery. It looks like all cookery is "fusion cooking." - Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiration, indeed. So much good here. The campfire bread is such an intriguing concept. And I'd definitely like to spend some time in one of Gaudi's Casa Mila kitchens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that Mark mentioned the ground cherry/cape gooseberry jam, but we also made pork with ground cherries and maple syrup which was quite nice.

    Thanks for sharing all your inspirations - I have been enjoying them very much! The Gaudí kitchen was perfect and, like you, never imagined that Shia LaBeouf would have ever been in something so passionate and exquisite! That was a shocker. I have always liked Sigur Rós, but the video was stunning!

    Oh, and your photos of the cape gooseberries are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Looking forward to that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magda, We are growing cape gooseberries in our yard - though they haven't get matured and I have no idea what to do with them. I'd love to hear how your recipe goes.
    xxoo
    E

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely links! first time at your blog, really liek the clean fresh look and layout, and beautifulphotos too! unfortunately, can't get hold of those gorgeous lookign cape gooseberries in the famer's market here in the uk, but we have got loads of bright green gooseberries at the moment though!

    ReplyDelete