Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dutch countryside in pictures

The Dutch countryside is beautiful, even on a cloudy day. Grass, cows, trees, green in every shade, canals, farmhouses.

We visited our favorite farm yesterday and we came home with the freshest eggs and butter. We could not wait to savor them. Our meal of fried eggs and toasted bread with butter and sea salt, a tomato salad and feta was perfect.






Farm DE KEIZERSHOF
Van Leeuwen Family
Noord Aa 4
2381 LV
Zoeterwoude
The Netherlands


I hope you're all well. See you again soon!


7 comments:

  1. That butter and those eggs look so good! I've actually never bought any dairy at a farm, I bet the fresh products taste so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which farm? I live in Amsterdam and would love a rec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda. I have added the link and details in my post. If you go, ask for fresh milk and buttermilk as well! It is near Leiden though, a long way from Amsterdam.

      Delete
  3. SO beautiful - even under gray skies... and I love fresh butter and eggs. Not so keen on fresh milk - it makes my cocoa taste like grass! :) ~ David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Countryside is just perfect, regardless of the country we're at. I would love to live and work in a farm, just hope to make this dream come true very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Magda—especially those eggs! I remember taking the ferry north to the countryside during a stay in Amsterdam... so different from the city and so so beautiful. So nice to see and hear about your countryside adventures.

    ReplyDelete